Sunday, April 18, 2010

First Official Half-Marathon is history!

I did it! I'll post more later in the week, but before I drag my butt off to bed, I have to get this blog going again and say that I DID IT!  13.1 miles in 2:05:36 hours. 724 ft elevation gain and 720 ft elevation loss.  Max elevation (aka THE HOOK) was 277 feet. Avg moving pace was 9:37... best pace 1:54. Ha!  That must have been when I was blasting DOWN the Hook.  Thank goodness I didn't need to stop quickly or I'd be in the hospital, I'm sure. Or a body bag.

I'l post a real recap this week, with photos!  It was a wonderful run on a beautiful day... with about 50 coworkers.  And Caden ran in his first kid's race, and has a medal for his efforts! I couldn't be prouder of the day and all it held.

Good night!

No comments: