After such a nice weekend and temperatures really starting to look and feel like Spring, this morning I grumpily put on my rain jacket and headed out in the the rain... which very rapidly tuned into snow. Fog and snow. By the time I got into work, the ground was pretty much white... on the second day of SPRING! Hello??? That didn't go over too well with my purple spiky heels.
Started the day getting a bunch of paperwork notarized. Got ready for a couple of conference calls that I was leading. Had a nice department lunch and then headed back to my desk for the first of a couple of calls. Ended up on a call with someone else who scheduled a call at the same time. Had to reschedule mine, which backed me up an hour. Ended up doing two back to back calls, with a company directive thrown in the midst of it. At 5:00 pm I bolted the building. Had to hit the bank, pick up my son, hit Staples to make 101 copies (literally. Sounds like a fun number, but not really so fun while there) and then stop at the grocery store on the way home, as I discovered my son's chocolate milk was lumpy this morning, the peanut butter was almost gone and his juice boxes were down to two. Not a great Mom moment.
Got home. Heated up leftovers while said son did homework. Ate and he finished up his homework, brushed teeth and then a few snuggles before he fell asleep. Sat down to start putting the 101 photocopies in packets, and Dad called. Great talk with him. Finished up stapling and compiling. Did some more talking. Feeling happy and tired.
Yesterday, I "unfriended" about 30 people. It's not because I don't want to be in touch or follow what you are doing. I am trying to simplify things. To slow down and not always have my phone in my hand. I dropped my phone in a puddle tonight. It's now taking a long nap in a bag of rice while I hope and pray I don't have to buy another phone. My contract is up in July... please, Phone Gods.. let it last until July! Good wake up call. I have stopped watching a lot of TV since getting out on my own. This is the next step. Every week, a new step. Believe me- some are a lot more difficult than others. So if one day you no longer see me in your Facebook, it's not because I don't care. I just need to break a few habits that are interfering with life, you know?
Lights out for tonight! Buenos noches! Speaking of... I am going to Costa Rica this coming Saturday for work. After seeing the snow this morning, it is starting to sound good to me. More on this later this week.
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment