I've swallowed 4 more flying bugs in the past 4 days. 2 per run, with one bug-free run in the middle. I just can't stop breathing through my mouth while I run. I was getting better, but there is a particularly buggy stretch in one section of the lake. And my thoughts are that I either inhale them through the nose and lodge them into my sinuses, or swallow them. I simply can't hold my breath. I've tried. Doesn't work. So... I eat bugs. And wretch. And gag. But I DO continue to run. That, after all, is what really matters, right??? That's what I tell myself, anyhow, to not vomit at the thought of it. Blecht.
2 comments:
about the bug thing.. wow..
at the very least, this is yet another reason why running in the rain/wintertime is so wonderful!
Yeah- I love the rain and am already looking forward to cooler temps. I know I'm jinxing myself, but the last few runs have been bug free. I HAVE been keeping my mouth closed and my eyes a little more open, too, which I am sure has something to do with it. Much more pleasurable without the added protein. :)
Post a Comment