Sunday, August 2, 2009

5 years ago, I was sliced open!

or... 5 years ago, I had a baby!!! Sounds more dramatic though, to say I was cut from hip to hip. It's not quite how it happened. But it sounds more dramatic, doesn't it??

I did have a C-section. Not a big surprise considering they pretty much had prepared me for that from about 5 weeks into my pregnancy. I was 35 when I had Caden and you would have thought I was 65. Now, I have a very unhealthy fear of doctors and dentists as it is. What they put me through was unbelievable. Thank goodness I had a sane (relatively speaking, that is) husband that experienced most of it with me, so I know it's not just that I am ultra paranoid.  I know that I am not rational when around someone in a white coat. My blood pressure sky rockets and I just want to RUN AWAY. So I have to say- I really wanted this baby because they put me through the wringer. And told me, literally, that they didn't care about me. Their job was to care about the baby. Cool. I get it if I were a crack addict or put my baby in harms way.  Nope.  I was just scared of them and had ultra-high blood pressure when I had to visit them. Numerous times. But I digress.  5 years ago today, I held my son in my arms for the first time and simply fell madly in love. 

So, as all people in love do, we spent Caden's 5th birthday in the mall! With his best friend Mikey. Here they are!

Too cute.  We had Mexican for lunch. Then built some robots!  Caden named his Walter. Mikey named his Badger. 

We hit the movies and saw Aliens in the Attic.  It was a fun movie. Made me laugh.  Made Cade a little nervous- but he was a big kid sitting with his big buddy.  After the movie, we hit the photo booth! The first attempt was a little off until we figured out how to work it!

It was a fun day. And one that made me very proud. As always.  There is nothing better in this world than children.




No comments: