Sunday, August 9, 2009

Another 3 miles

I'm going to break 200 miles this week. I've been under the weather for the past two weeks. Nasty sinus infection that is lingering. I finally decided to just go out and get 5 miles logged Would play it by ear, or "feel", and I felt "meh". I've been feeling agitated not getting out there and getting my groove on. My heart rate was mostly higher than I wanted. Average heart rate was what my max is supposed to be. So yeah, I pushed a little hard. But I wouldn't be me if I didn't do that.  I am trying to work on making a change in this.

My Garmin watch didn't work well for me my last run. I tried a different way to program it- and obviously failed.  It showed only a time- and nothing else. When I uploaded, it only loaded a time. I was very frustrated and annoyed the last run. Today I forgot my watch and heart monitor at home and drove all the way back home (in a heavy down pour... though I cast my own shadow... by the back stage door...ooohh... Juke Box Hero....)... where was I? Oh yes. Drove back home because I really wanted to test the watch again to see if it was being problematic, like I had read in numerous reports, or whether I was the problem. Appears that I was the problem.  I had a great run in the rain and my watch worked like a charm today. I think I tried to get too fancy last time and it back fired.  Baby steps, Cat.  Anyhoo... now I have two runs officially logged.  This week I want to get a few more simple runs logged and then start on some actual "training". Wooooo... ooooo... ooooo

This past week, I spent some time in NYC for work. Stayed at the NY Palace Hotel (a Helmsley Hotel.. *sniff*). Had a nice lunch at Rockerfeller center, poked about in Saks, went to Bar Americain (Bobby Flay restaurant), saw Jersey Boys on Broadway (excellent!), went sailing in the NY Harbor (Clearwater Sailing) and had the BEST boxed lunch, shopped in SoHo and attended a cooking school.  What a fun time!  If I can manage to get my pix off my camera, I'll post a few photos.  I think I only have the cooking school, as SOMEONE (that would be me) forgot to put my memory back in my camera.... Next week I'm off to Miami for a cruise to Key West and Cozumel.  I have a great job!  This is a sight visit cruise... basically a test cruise, for the one that we will be hosting in November.  I would say it's rough, but obviously, it isn't.

This past week was Caden's first kindergarten experience!  He had 2 hours a day for 5 days, and has one more week of it.  He was such a  big boy and got right smack into the middle of everything. I couldn't be prouder! I am so glad that they offered this program because with no pre-school behind him I thought the transition may be rough.  This is a small class of 12 kids with 2 great teachers... and pretty much no one else in the school. It is a really nice way to get their feet wet, ease them in and help them to develop a comfort level before they start the school year.  Yay for the "Almost Kindergarten" program!!!

No comments: