- running on an empty stomach starts off well but ends badly. Always. Leads to unattractive heaving.
- running without water starts off okay but also ends badly. See above.
- running with my Nike+ iPod rocks. A friends told me it was "inspiring" and that I had to try it out to see what he meant. I received one for Christmas. Tried it out three days ago and I can't imagine running without it. Very cool. Today I learned that I had 2 personal best miles.
- I solved the problem of the shoe receiver falling out. Now I need to solve the problem of not snagging the headphones and ripping the iPod off the pad. That baby flies off the back of the treadmill and gets some good air. No small children have been hurt... yet. The cats are fair game, though. Don't say I didn't warn them!
I've been doing more than just running. Next Tuesday I go to Orlando for a day for a site visit. Out and back the same day. I have my fingers crossed that it'll be a day of nice weather!
I received my H1N1 flu shot at work yesterday. No curly tail developing yet.
Caden is back at school full force and doing well so far. His favorite class so far is gym... yay! He does great with his homework and I am really proud of how hard he works at it. He amazes me! And it still astounds me that kids have homework in kindergarten. They say it's no more than a page a day for the most part, but it's always 5 sheets for the week, and due back after 4 days. Math wasn't my strong point, but I do know 5 divided by 4 does not equal 1. Plus there are always a couple extra projects thrown in there for good measure. I'm not complaining too much. I'm just grateful that he does well at it and enjoys it for the most part because it would sure stink if they didn't enjoy it. Not a great way to start off a schooling "career".
No comments:
Post a Comment