Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!!

Catchy title, isn't it?

We spent a great evening with great friends, eating great food. What could be better?  Caden made fast friends with Joey and they exchanged phone numbers as we were leaving shortly after midnight. :) Nothing cuter than 5 year olds making plans.  Steve and Alex were wonderful hosts- and great cooks! It was fun getting to know them better and ringing in the New Year with them. We are looking forward to many more such evenings... and days as well, for that matter!  We'll host next time... and Carl can cook. He he he...

Carl joined a 365 Challenge. In the challenge he has to shoot and post a self- portrait a day for 365 days. It's a great challenge for him, and I am sure he'll do it. It got me to thinking though... I need a 365 challenge as well.  So my daily challenge for 2010 is to run at least a mile a day.  Running a mile is not a challenge for me.  Doing it every day, will be. Especially with travel and my work schedule at times. But that's what makes it a challenge! My running goals for the year are to run 2 1/2 Marathons and a minimum of 500 miles. There is a local 1/2 Marathon in April that I am thinking of signing up for. I should just DO it and stop thinking about it because I will be more committed then.  Some friends at work are signing up for it and we've emailed briefly about doing training runs, so... I am just going to do it. I am. This is the year of NO EXCUSES.

What are your goals for 2010?

No comments: