This was a good event. It was the 7th annual North Rockland Community Family "We Care" 5k run/ walk. This is a fundraiser to help out three local families who... well.. need help. One family has a child in 2nd Grade who is in Cade's school. This little boy has leukemia. Another family with two little boys recently lost their father. The third family has a child who has CF.
Support of a community is so important. In the opening ceremony when families were introduced, I cried. Who didn't? And as I was running, I thought of them. Thought of my Mom. Thought of so many things. I love to run. I really do. I love to run even more if it raises awareness for people who need a hand. If it can benefit another person. It just makes me feel so connected. Running to me is like therapy and really is a time to reflect and think and to be grateful for all that I can do. For me, it's not about weight loss or medals (although I have to say- medals are NICE!). It's about connecting to the earth. To others. To the oneness of everything. It's about being strong and knowing that everything is in reach. Setting goals and smashing through them.
To me, running is deeply personal and at the same time it connects us all with a thin thread.
A couple of photos, followed by stats that probably don't mean anything to anyone, unless you, too, run.
I think this was right after I finished the 5K.
...after I didn't feel like throwing up.
...'cause boy, did I ever feel like throwing up!
1st in age group!
My first running medal is a gold!
72nd place out of 429 runners.
19th female out of 236.
1st in age group out of 36.
One. Happy. Day.


No comments:
Post a Comment