A year ago on my birthday- Jan 14, 2010, I was at Day 15 in my running streak. Jan 14th, 2011 was Day 381 of the streak. Still going strong. Well... this past week I've only done measly miles, but I've been doing them faster. Have been preoccupied lately and not so focused on running. I need to get the focus back a bit, as I have some hefty running goals for 2011. Not solid enough to put out there in the world wide web yet... but I'm getting there.
This was a very different birthday for me this year. Big life changes going on. I listened to the last voice mail my Mom left me earlier today. I've had it in my voice mail for about 3 1/2 years now. I listen to it from time to time. Verizon keeps telling me that it will expire after 21 days.. but it remains. And I am very thankful. So while it makes me cry on the inside when I hear it, it is SO good to hear her voice. My birthday will never be the same since I lost her. Birthdays and Moms go hand-in-hand. You just wouldn't have a birthday of there was never a Mom. Or a Dad... I know... but you have to admit, the Mom did the most work and they deserve the bragging rights for that day. When you lose your Mom, that day just is never the same.
I did have a great day, though, in many other ways. I am so grateful for my wonderful friends and my amazing family. My son ran into the bedroom as I was getting ready for work... full-tilt with "Happy Birthday Mom!" being the first words he said. I received so many wonderful birthday wishes throughout the day, and very good friends took Cade and me to Stir Crazy for dinner. Very sweet and so appreciated.
I donated blood after work. I have such a blessed life and am grateful for all that I am able to do. This is a small way for me to give back. I'd like to make this an annual tradition whenever possible.
Too tired to stay focused on this tonight... and fell asleep while writing this last night. I think some sleep may be in order...
No comments:
Post a Comment