
... that's over 2 marathons. Of course, it's taken me about 2 months! :-) But I'm running 5 miles at a pop now, 3- 4 times a week, so it's going well. The above photo is me, earlier today, apres run, stretching at the boat dock. Sigh. I love running at the lake!
Funny things have been happening the past couple of runs. On Saturday, as I started at the beginning of the loop, a deer appeared out of the bush and started to run beside me. We probably ran 100 feet together, before it veered back into the trees. Today, just a little further down the trail, a squirrel ran out and ran beside me. A bit later, a red winged blackbird kept flying at me and then beside me. Being me, I like to read wonderful things into strange occurrences like this. Being at Rockland Lake, as I've said, is zen to me. Puts me into a whole different state and place of being. These occurrences with the wildlife just solidify it. It is where I am meant to be , while I am there. No doubt whatsoever to me. I should be doing this, at this point in my life.
...or, I am a modern day Snow White and some little people and poisoned fruit are on the horizon for me. One of the two. I'm betting on the first option.
No comments:
Post a Comment