I ran my first five miles non-stop... in 48 minutes, 42 seconds. I struggled to make 3 miles, pushed myself to do the 4th and thought I would attempt to do 5 just for giggles... but as I got closer to the end I really kicked it up. You know, I probably could have done 6!!! I am sure I'd still by laying flat on my back by the last mile marker, gasping for air three hours later... but I probably could have done it! Ah, who am I kidding. 5 miles hurt. I actually started to have pains in my stomach at the end. I don't quit because I hurt physically. It's the mental part that gets to me. I am done in my head and that's what ends it. I set a goal... 3 miles, or 4 miles or 5 miles. Once I hit it, I'm done. And I always hit it. What if I pushed myself further? When is the right time to stop? I'm scared to do it because I think I would run myself until I hurt myself, whether it is blowing out a body part or collapsing into a gelatinous mess. But I digress. I RAN 5 FREAKING MILES TONIGHT!!! Yay me! I'll do it a couple more times before attempting more. I hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment